About Your Trip
There are many sides to Spain, and you’ll see some of the best, from the magic of Barcelona to the intriguing culture and rich history of Catalonia. Leaving Barcelona behind for a day, head to Girona in Northern Catalonia for a glimpse into times gone by. You can walk the path along
the top of the ancient stone walls for amazing city and river views. Then visit the well-preserved Jewish Quarter from 1452, which is home to the Museum of Jewish History.
Afterward, you’ll head east to the medieval walled town in Tossa de Mar set on the coastline and surrounded by beaches, cliffs and mountains. Within the fortress walls, you’ll find a castle, watchtowers, churches, museums, restaurants and bars. Walk the path along the top of the ancient walls or the cobblestone alleyways as you window-shop.
Back in Barcelona, spend your leisure time exploring the city. A 20-minute walk from your lodgings at Renaissance Barcelona Hotel brings you to La Sagrada Familia, a world-renowned Two parts of this structure, Nativity Facade and Crypt, are part of a larger UNESCO World Heritage site designated as Works of Antoni Gaudi, a famous Catalonian architect. basilica.
What we love:
• If you feel like you’re stepping into a scene from “Game of Thrones,” you’re probably right. Several Girona settings, such as cathedrals, alleyways, staircases and plazas, were filming locations for this popular TV series.
• Costa Brava on the Mediterranean Sea attracts visitors year-round for serene, Blue Flag-accredited beaches and quaint fishing villages against a backdrop of rugged mountains and evergreen forests.
• Tossa de Mar, dubbed “blue paradise” by artist Marc Chagall, overlooks the mesmerizing blue waters of the Mediterranean Sea.
• Save your energy in Tossa de Mar and hop a tourist tram (for an additional fee). From the main beach, Playa Gran, one runs to the lighthouse on the hill while another takes a tour of Old Town.
Your DreamTrip includes 4 days and 3 nights in Barcelona, Spain, as well as:
• Full-day excursion to Girona and Tossa de Mar on Costa Brava; includes transportation. See Additional Information for details.
• Welcome reception at the hotel.
• 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner.
• An In-destination Support team member will be provided on this trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips™ experience from landing to liftoff. They host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Barcelona-El Prat Airport (BCN), approximately 9 miles (14 kilometers) away, a drive of about 25 minutes. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Please note: Airport transfers are not included in this trip. Make sure to arrange your own transfers between the airport and your hotel.
In the heart of the beloved Spanish city, Renaissance Barcelona Hotel provides comfortable, modern accommodations for every guest. Savor delicious cuisine or your favorite cold beverage at the hotel’s 2 on-site restaurants, or unwind with personalized service at the Mayan Luxury Spa.
• 2 restaurants and 1 bar.
• Mayan Luxury Spa and fitness center.
• Rooftop terrace.
Deluxe Double and Twin Room accommodations with:
• 1 queen bed. Extra bed not available.
• Maximum occupancy 2 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Tea- and coffee-making facilities.
• Iron and ironing board.
• In-room safe.
• Mini-refrigerator (contents vary and may be at an additional cost).
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Check-in: 3 p.m.
Minimum check-in age is 18.
Renaissance Barcelona Hotel
Carrer de Pau Claris 122
Barcelona 08009, Spain
Pricing for children for this hotel may differ from (and be greater than) pricing for adults. Click BOOK IT to check. If the pricing for children differs from the pricing for adults, refer to the Policies section for further details.
Hotel Check-in Requirements
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.